Caresses for the soul: this is how important our skin is.
- With our skin we feel cold, heat, pressure and closeness to other people. This is why the skin is an important organ of communication, as it connects us to the outside world.
- Skin contact is as important as breathing, eating and drinking – from the moment we are born.
- For adults, caresses and body contact in our significant relationship are particularly important.
- But single people do not have to live without skin contact. Massages and daily moisturising – i.e. contact with your own skin – have the same positive effect.
- Our skin also reveals what we are feeling deep within: we blush when embarrassed, go pale with fear and when we’re stressed our complexion looks wan.